Agostar has been increasing its participation in the wholesale electricity market, through Private Public Ventures structures that play a determining role for the fair and balanced division of interests between nations with high energy assets. .
Agostar also focuses its interest in sustainable energy generation projects, especially renewable ones, to cover the growing electricity demand.
As a solar PV and thermal system contractor, we will help provide customers with a full range of design, equipment procurement and construction services. We can provide a full EPC Turnkey operation.
- On Grid Solar system and off grid Solar system. Enjoying the advantage of fast installation.
- Long service life.
- Low maintenance.
- Free energy source.
- Flexible design to meet the load requirement.
PV power generation systems are widely used in factories, residential houses, public and commercial buildings, remote area power supply facilities amongst others.
Some facts about solar farms
- They generate electricity locally and feed into the local electricity grid using a free source of energy (the sun) to generate electricity on bright cloudy days as well as in direct sunlight.
- For every 5MW installed, a solar farm will power 1,515 homes for a year (based on an average annual consumption of 3,300 kWh of electricity for a house) and save 2,150 tons of CO2. Approximately 25 acres of land is required for every 5 megawatts (MW) of installation.
- They represent time-limited, reversible land use and provide an increased, diversified and stable source of income for landowners.
- They may have dual purpose usage with sheep or other animals grazing between rows, and can help to support biodiversity by allowing small animal’s access to otherwise fenced-off land, with bird and insect fodder plants and wildflowers sown around the modules.
- If 10,000MW of solar was installed on the ground, this would be able to generate enough electricity for over 3 million homes.
- There are no moving parts, and maintenance is minimal.
- There is no by-product or waste generated, except during manufacturing or dismantling.
- They have lower visual and environmental impacts than other forms of power generation
- Renewables give the customer the choice of buying green electricity and reduce reliance on scarce fossil fuels
Concentrated solar power
Concentrated solar power (also called concentrating solar power, concentrated solar thermal, and CSP) systems generate solar power by using mirrors or lenses to concentrate a large area of sunlight, or solar thermal energy, onto a small area.
Farmers, who so far have had to depend on undependable electricity supplied at night, will get full-voltage daytime power from solar panels and will extract more water and at a faster clip. State governments are not paying enough attention to this threat, The only way to counter this threat, , is to treat solar power as a cash crop and let farmers sell power back to the grid.
(Building Integrated Photovoltaic System)
BIPV is photovoltaic materials that are used to replace conventional building materials in parts of the building envelope such as the roof, skylights, or facades.